Martha's Vineyard Blog
- Published on Friday, 11 March 2016 13:01
- Written by Simon Hunton
Spring has arrived to Martha's Vineyard so summer planning is underway. With Memorial Day Weekend opening the season, there is plenty to do and see. Whether you are coming for a day or entire weekend, it all starts with an exciting 45-minute ferry ride.
Things to do on Martha's Vineyard for Memorial Day Weekend
- Fri, May 27th, 4:30-7:30 pm Get a Lobster Roll at The Grace Church in Vineyard Haven
- Sat, May 28th from 4:00 - 7:00 pm Oak Bluffs Arts District Opening Reception
- Mon, May 30th 12:00pm to 4:00pm (Free) Tisbury's Memorial Day Picnic at Waterworks Park. The town of Tisbury sponsors the annual Memorial Day picnic, open to all, at the Tisbury Waterworks property. There will be children's games, music, rowboats, free ice cream, and ponies. Grills will be available.
- Fri, May 27th - Sun, May 29th 10:00am to 6:00pm (Free) Martha's Vineyard Annual Art Show. Venue: MV Agricultural Society, West Tisbury (Opening Gala party is on Thursday May 26th 6 PM - 8 PM. Tickets are $50)
The Art Show features the artwork of over 100 Island artists.
- Sat, May 28th - Sun, May 29th 10.00am - 4.00pm (Free) The 18th annual Vineyard Artisans Summer Craft Fair. Venue: Grange Hall
- Sun, May 29, 10:30am Oak Bluffs Memorial Day 5K Road Race and 1Mile Family Fun Run ($20) Register Here
Starts: Summer Camp (formerly Wesley Hotel), Oak Bluffs
- Sat-Sun, May 28/29th, 10am-5pm Visit Gay Head and Edgartown Lighthouses opening for the season.