One of the whole host of advantages of choosing an independently run and owned Martha’s Vineyard Bed and Breakfast for your summer vacation rather than a big hotel, or an AirBnB mystery-room or an inn that is owned by shy, off-island folks, is that you get all the local knowledge and local tips and a more authentic experience of the Vineyard. Our team of locals will help you plan your trip and explore the off the beaten track places that you may otherwise miss.
So in that spirit and without further ado here is a cunning plan that we modestly think provides the perfect way to spend your July 4th on Martha’s Vineyard.
Friday July 1st
– Arrive at Nobnocket Boutique Inn and relax with refreshments on one of our two guest patios
– Grab an early dinner directly on the water in Vineyard Haven at Garde East Restaurant
– Take in the one and only Paula Poundstone performing her comedy at the Old Whaling Church, Edgartown at 8pm*
– Return to the inn for a night-cap and to enjoy our spacious and relaxing rooms
Saturday July 2nd
– Gourmet breakfast served en-suite or out on the patio enjoying our serene surroundings and the sound of birds
– Take a kayaking tour at Felix Neck Wildlife Sanctuary close to the inn, 9.30am – 11am
– Wander the boutique stores and catch the live street music at the Saturday Stroll on Main Street, Vineyard Haven 5pm – 7pm
– Head over to Edgartown to catch Livingston Taylor (James’s musical sibling, and renown songwriter in his own right) at his annual concert at the Old Whaling Church 8pm*
Sunday July 3rd
– Buy some locally made art or crafts at the Artisans’ Festival at Grange all in West Tisbury, 10am – 2pm
– Enjoy true Americana on this proudly American weekend by heading to a collegiate baseball match and supporting the local MV Sharks take on an off-island college. Oak Bluffs, 5.30pm
– Dinner at Beach Road Restaurant overlooking the lagoon
Monday July 4th
– Join the locals and take part in the “Run The Chop” 5 mile road race in Vineyard Haven. Starts 9am. Entrance fee $25 on race day. Let’s face it any fun run that’s organized by an ice-cream and fudge company (Murdick’s Fudge) is my kind of run.
– Join the celebrations at the annual Edgartown 4th July Parade and Fireworks, 4pm – 10pm
Not so perfect in your opinion? No worries, we’re happy to tailor any package of activities for you. Simply give us a call at the inn. We still have a couple of rooms left for July 4th but they will sell out fast.
*Tickets for Livingston Taylor and Paula Poundstone are very popular and will sell out if not purchased soon.