Martha’s Vineyard has long been a top US vacation spot for wedding ceremonies and for elegant elopements. The current trend is to move away from big scale weddings and instead limit the number of attendees in order to create a more intimate ceremony and dodge some of the stresses of large gatherings. There are a number of options for beautiful, personalized elopements on Martha’s Vineyard. These can all be arranged at short notice and with the flexibility you need.
Elopement ceremonies can be arranged at a choice of many idyllic island settings:
- Beaches such as gorgeous Lambert‘s Cove in West Tisbury or Lucy Vincent in Chilmark
- Garden locations like Nobnocket Boutique Inn, Polly Hill Arboretum or Lambert’s Cove Inn
- Lighthouses eg. East Chop Light or Edgartown Lighthouse
- Martha’s Vineyard farms eg. Beetlebung Farm or Morning Glory Farm
- An iconic landmark such as the Martha’s Vineyard Museum, Black Dog Dock, Menemsha Harbor or Gay Head overlook (beware the wind!)
- Indoors at an inn like Nobnocket Boutique Inn or Hob Knob Hotel
If you choose to stay at the Nobnocket Boutique Inn then hairdressing, make-up and “First Look” photos can take place at the inn, as can the cake cutting and toast after the nuptials.
If you decide to have the elopement ceremony hosted at the Nobnocket, then the inn’s large indoor and outdoor spaces provide different spots from which to choose your preferred space for exchanging your wedding vows. The manicured grounds have hidden patios and gardens that are ideal for a secluded and discreet outdoor ceremony and the indoor common areas include a large fireplace that can be a romantic backdrop for the special moment.
There are many restaurants with whom we work that provide intimate dinners to celebrate the event. We particularly recommend Détente, Garde East, Terrace at The Charlotte Inn or State Road Restaurant.
If you’re looking to book an entire Martha’s Vineyard Elopement Package then we are here to help make your big day run smoothly and beautifully.