Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker is asking us all to take the necessary steps to stop the spread of COVID-19 and thereby save lives.
He has issued a stay-at-home advisory through 4th May and ordered all non-essential businesses to remain close until that date. Hotels, inns, B&Bs, AirBnB and rentals are considered non-essential and will be closed to all guests with the exception of essential workers, front line workers or displaced residents.
If you are one of those exceptions and are looking for accommodation we are here to help and provide support. We are licensed, inspected and insured and use the utmost care with regard to safety and sanitation and adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. We are dedicated to cleanliness and hospitality and treat all our guests as family. Our set up allows us to deliver breakfast to your room to avoid interaction with other guests and we have large outdoor spaces and gardens so that you can enjoy relaxing in fresh air without being in any proximity to other guests.
Looking ahead to better times we believe Martha’s Vineyard inns like ours provide advantages over staying at standard hotels, accommodation chains or AirBnB rentals.
– we live on property so can personally assure that daily cleanliness protocols are adhered to and that appropriate property security is maintained. This isn’t possible at an AirBnB.
– we have 7 rooms so a maximum of 14 guests at any one time. This compares to the large congregating groups to be found at many hotels.
– breakfast can be served and eaten in-room to avoid contact with other guests. We do not serve any buffet style meals that may be provided at other accommodations.
– Vineyard Haven is home to many restaurants providing kerb-side pickup. This includes the famous and awesome Artcliff Diner.
– our cleaning protocols are detailed and thorough and include the sanitisation of all “touch” items eg. remotes, light switches, information books, keys, faucets, chair arms etc in between each guest change. Floors and bathrooms are steam cleaned.
– we have large areas of outdoor space and woodland to explore. This allows for enjoying the outdoors and our bird-life without proximity to other guests.
– Martha’s Vineyard is blessed with a large number of hiking trails and shoreline to explore that are large enough to allow for adequate social distancing.
– all our rooms have expanded cable TV offerings including most sports, entertainment and news channels.
– we offer free high-speed WiFi throughout the property
– on request our VIP pick-up can collect you from the ferry or airport to avoid the need for taxis, buses or Uber and Lyft
We thank all guests who have had their travel plans disrupted by the virus but have elected to reschedule their Martha’s Vineyard vacation rather than cancel. That is of incredible assistance to small, independent businesses such as ours.
Be well and stay safe,